Cortina d’Ampezzo is a town in Italy. It is located in the Dolomite Mountains. Cortina is famous for skiing and snowboarding. There are many ski slopes in the area. People come from all over the world to ski in Cortina.
What Are the Best 10 Things to Do and See in Cortina d’Ampezzo?
There are also many other things to do in Cortina. There are museums, churches, and towers to visit. The Cinque Torri are five ancient towers that are popular tourist attractions. There are also many beautiful hiking and biking trails in the mountains. The Boite River is a great place to go rafting or kayaking. You can also go horseback riding in the Dolomites.
The Olympic Ice Stadium was built for the 1956 Winter Olympics and is now used for ice hockey and figure skating. You can also go paragliding or hang gliding to get a great view of the Dolomites. Cortina d’Ampezzo is a beautiful place with many fun things to do there.
Here are ten suggestions for things to do in or around Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy:
- Go skiing or snowboarding in the Dolomiti Superski area. Cortina is known for its world-class skiing and snowboarding.
- Visit the Museo della Civiltà Ampezzana, which displays artifacts and documents related to the history and culture of Cortina and the surrounding area.
- Take a hike or go mountain biking in the beautiful Dolomite Mountains.
- Visit the Cinque Torri, a group of five ancient towers that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Go rafting or kayaking on the Boite River.
- Visit the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, a beautiful example of Gothic architecture.
- Go horseback riding through the stunning landscape of the Dolomites.
- Take a scenic drive through the Dolomite Mountains, stopping at various lookouts and viewpoints.
- Visit the Olympic Ice Stadium, built for the 1956 Winter Olympics and is now used for ice hockey and figure skating.
- Go paragliding or hang gliding for an unforgettable view of the Dolomite Mountains.
If you plan to spend a week skiing and having fun in Italy, there’s likely no better destination than one of the most famous Italian winter destinations, Cortina d’Ampezzo. You’ll enjoy “bel panorama” (beautiful view) and “piste fantastiche” (fantastic ski runs).